Event Management - CMP Exam Certification
Event Management - CMP Exam Certification
Event Management - CMP Exam Certification
CMP Professional Qualification
This is a certified preparatory course for those who wish to undertake the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) examination.
The Certified Meeting Planner accreditation is recognised Worldwide. Be part of a elite group of only 11,000 CMP designates around the globe. CMP practitioners are proven to earn more than non CMP planners by Payscale dot com
The course provides an in depth understanding of the event management process as well as providing a deeper understanding of connected areas such as Strategic Planning, Sustainability, Return on Investment and Marketing and Promotion.
It is an excellent spring board for those wishing to accelerate their event career, enter the event industry or start their own event agency.
CMP is recognised globally as the badge of excellence in the meeting, convention, exhibition and event industry. The qualifications for certification are based on professional experience, education and a final exam.
The course covers 9 Domains and 80 plus sub skills. Students who complete the course have a number of advantages over other event professionals.
They have a deeper, broader understanding of events and the marketing blend. This breadth of knowledge is rarely learnt by the majority of planners unless they have worked either on very broad mix of event types, on large scale events and working closely with marketing professionals.
It allows students to apply that knowledge to their clients or employers events, providing a competitive advantage.
Students who have attended the course and successfully passed the CMP exam earn more than non-qualified event planners.
The globally recognised CMP accreditation is a demonstration of excellence World-Wide.
This certification is the gateway to working on spectacular, large scale events throughout the globe.
Each student receives 30 CE CMP hours added to their Events Industry Council profile.
If you do not have one we will show you how to open your own account.
1. CMP - Certified Meeting Professional certificate of attendance
2. CPD - Continual Professional Development certificate of attendance
Course Presentation - Online via recorded presentations.
• 29 colour videos presented by our course director
• Instant Access
• Watch, review and revise at your own pace 24/7/365
• Course slides to take notes
• Tutor support throughout
• Exclusive Facebook Group Community
• Content and technical support line
• CMP Exam questions on each Domain
• CMP exam preparation session
Please contact us at Event Resources Group for full details.
Other delivery formats
• In-House. At a time and place of your choosing.
• Live course dates and location. This course is presented live from our office opposite Hampton Course BR Station (30 mins Waterloo mainline) in our beautifully, purpose designed meeting room, set out in an informal boardroom style.
• Class sizes. Between 2 -10 students
• Accomodation - Local accomodation can be arranged
• Certified Meeting Professional
• Awarded by Events Industry Council
• 30 CPD points / hours
DOMAIN A – Strategic Planning
Create Strategic Plan for Meeting or Event
• Develop event goals and objectives to align with organizational strategy.
• Complete needs assessment to determine the feasibility of the meeting or event.
• Identify meeting or event requirements to align with goals and objectives.
• Complete a financial analysis and develop a financial summary.
• Monitor and measure event benchmarks to align with the strategic plan.
Develop a Sustainability Plan for Meeting or Event
• Implement Sustainability Plan.
• Demonstrate environmental responsibility.
Develop Business Continuity or Long-Term Viability Plan of Meeting or Event
• Develop evaluation plan based on event goals and objectives to align with organizational strategy.
• Collect and analyse meeting or event data using the evaluation plan to measure return on investment.
• Evaluate meeting or event data to measure the critical success factors against the goals and objectives.
DOMAIN B – Project Management
Plan Meeting or Event Project
• Develop project plan based on meeting needs to align with goals and objectives
Manage Meeting or Event Project
• Manage the critical path to complete the project plan.
• Execute project management plan to meet goals and objectives.
DOMAIN C – Risk Management
Manage Risk Management Plan
• Identify risks by reviewing current data and event history to address potential risks.
• Apply industry best practices to analyze risks.
• Develop and manage contract management plan to meet stakeholder expectations and meeting requirements.
• Arrange security according to the emergency response plan to reduce impact.
DOMAIN D – Financial Management
Manage Event Funding and Financial Resources
• Develop budgeting processes for funding resource management to fulfil financial goals.
• Develop and manage the registration process through a defined system to reach established goals and targets.
• Manage additional revenue sources through research and analysis to reach established goals and targets.
• Develop budget using accepted accounting principles to align with the goals, objectives, and financial parameters of the event.
• Monitor and revise budget using established audit procedures to identify potential adjustments.
Manage Monetary Transaction
• Establish monetary transactions procedures to comply with event or organization financial guidelines.
• Manage monetary transactions process to confirm compliance with event or organization financial guidelines.
DOMAIN E – Human Resources
Recruit Staff and Volunteers
• Assess staffing needs by reviewing program activities to determine requirements and selection criteria.
• Develop a staff and volunteer recruitment plan to fulfill requirements.
Train Staff and Volunteers
• Provide orientation and training to staff and volunteers to align with company and event goals and objectives.
DOMAIN F – Stakeholder Management
Manage Stakeholder Relationships
• Perform stakeholder analysis to align expectations with goals and objectives.
Manage stakeholder activities to meet expectations.
• Communicate event goals and objectives to manage stakeholder relationships..
DOMAIN G – Meeting or Event Design
• Develop a theme for meeting or event.
• Develop procurement strategy for the acquisition of goods and services in accordance with the project plan.
• Analyze the project plan to determine the critical path.
• Identify program components using a variety of data to determine that the program is inclusive.
• Analyze the event outcomes according to predefined metrics to measure achievement of goals and objectives.
Engage Speakers and Performers
• Determine meeting or event requirements for speakers and performers using the event design to align with meeting or event goals and objectives.
• Define strategies and criteria for speaker and performer selection referencing the goals or objectives to fulfil the program requirements.
• Choose speakers or performers using selection criteria to achieve meeting or event objectives.
Coordinate Food and Beverage Services
• Identify needs and establish guidelines for food and beverage services to meet meeting budget and objectives.
• Select food and beverage service provider(s) and menu(s) following event design and within budget.
• Determine event design and theme requirements based on stated objectives that meet attendee and organizational expectations.
• Coordinate meeting or event signage by following the marketing plan to meet the requirements of the meeting or event.
Manage Audiovisual and Technical Production
• Identify staging and technical equipment requirements using event design to support meeting or event objectives.
• Install staging and technical equipment based on defined requirements to support the event design.
Develop Plan for Managing Movement of Attendees
• Develop admittance management plan to control protocols and efficiency.
• Develop a plan for effective crowd management.
• Coordinate housing requirements and define policies in line with organizational standards.
• Coordinate transportation requirements and define policies in line with organizational standards.
DOMAIN H – Site Management
• Complete needs assessment using event design to determine site specifications.
• Identify and inspect sites based on event design and according to selection criteria.
Design Site Layout
• Develop site maps and floorplans according to event design and requirements to achieve event goals and objectives.
Manage Meeting or Event Site
• Create logistics plan for site setup, operation, and takedown using event design to achieve goals and objectives.
• Implement logistics plan during the event to meet event design and requirements.
Manage On-site Communications
• Define on-site communications plan aligned with a marketing plan to meet event goals and objectives.
• Determine and secure required communication equipment and resources to meet event requirements.
DOMAIN I – Marketing
Develop Marketing Plan
• Conduct a situational analysis using historical and current data to develop the marketing plan to meet goals and objectives
• Identify target market segments using the situational analysis to determine key features, products, and services.
• Select marketing distribution channels using the situational analysis that aligns with the marketing plan.
• Implement a marketing plan to reach targeted segments to support the goals and objectives of the meeting or event.
Create and Manage Marketing Materials
• Determine marketing materials that meet target market needs and support the goals and objectives.
• Produce and distribute marketing materials to the target markets in alignment with the marketing plan.
Create and Manage Meeting or Event Merchandise
• Determine product design and specifications using the marketing plan to support the meeting or event objectives.
Promote Meeting or Event
• Develop cross-promotional activities to expand market reach aligned with the marketing plan in support of the goals and objectives.
Contribute to Public Relations Activities
• Develop, implement, and manage public relations strategy to align with the marketing plan.
Manage Meeting-Related Sales Activities
• Reference the marketing plan and support the development of the sales plan with objectives.
Execute activities from the sales plan to meet the goals and objectives.
Who is this course for?
Anyone interested in becoming or extending their existing event managment skillsets as
• Professional event planner
• Wanting to break into the events industry
• Working in events who wants to have a professional qualification and extend their experiences whether a newbie, intermediate or experinced planner.
• Entrepreneur looking to start their own event business
There are no entry requirements to attend the course. If you wish to go on and take the CMP exam there are certain experience requirements - please just ask.
• Event Coordinator/Assistant - £16,000/ £20,000pa
• Event Manager/Producer - £24,000/£34,000
• Event Account Manager - £30,000/£50,000
• Event Director - £35,000/£70,000
• Agency Owner - £20,000/£250,000