Unlock the power of Microsoft Word by doing simple tasks better and faster.
Learn how to customise formatting, integrate charts and tables, along with much, much more in this comprehensive course.
Why Microsoft Word?
Microsoft Word is pretty straightforward, right? Many users overlook the importance of being competent in Word – it’s not just typing words you want onto a document – there’s a vast range of accessible tools and secrets this course takes you through.
You might think you can use it, but are you making the most of its functionality? If the answer to that question is no, then this is the course for you. This course will put you on the path to becoming a Word savant.
What you get with this Microsoft Word course:
• 72 modules of training showing you how to make the most of Word
• Multiple videos, practice exercises and test questions to aid your learning.
• Tailored learning. If you have some existing Word knowledge, you can use the filter to show only what you most need to learn.
• You’ll have a great understanding of how to use MS Word more effectively
In this course you will learn:
• How to automate tasks in Word and using Macros
• Paragraph and Font formatting Using Tables, Graphs, Schedules, Images and Graphics
• How to use Mail Merge
• About working collaboratively in Word
• To Customise Word to your needs
• How to cope with long documents
• Available in Versions: 2007/2010, 2016, 2019 PC
More about us:
• Formed in 2009, EwB was created to solve a problem close to our founders hearts – ineffective Microsoft Excel training.
• We have nearly 1 million students in total, 95k+ of those have had MS Excel training with us.
• Our training is personal. If you have used Microsoft before you can use the filter to show you which parts of the course to skip.
• All of our courses are certificated on completion – Most of our Microsoft Courses are also CPD Accredited.
• Our platform is award-winning and improving all the time.
• We have an in-house expert, Deborah is a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB Microsoft Word course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
About the authors:
Simon Hurst is a Chartered Accountant and has been involved in computer software for 26 years during which he has provided a wide range of training services to professionals of all levels. He has formally been the Chairman of the ICAEW IT Faculty and his expertise lies in all the main Microsoft applications: Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook about which he speaks frequently at conferences.
Deborah Ashby is the in-house IT Trainer here at Excel with Business, specialising in Microsoft Office training courses and content creation. Deborah has been an IT Trainer for nine years and has been supporting Microsoft products for 21 years. Deborah is a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
Section 1: Foundation
Unit 1.1 - The Word Interface
Unit 1.2 - A Simple Letter
Unit 1.3 - Typing in the Right Place
Unit 1.4 - Simple Paragraph Formatting
Unit 1.5 - Templates
Unit 1.6 - A Simple Letter, Better, Faster
Section 2: Basics
Unit 2.1 - Font Formatting
Unit 2.2 - Paragraph Formatting
Unit 2.3 - Styles and Themes
Unit 2.4 - Pages and Sections
Unit 2.5 - Automating Word
Unit 2.6 - Spelling and Grammar
Section 3: Common Tasks
Unit 3.1 - Lists, Tables and Schedules of Figures
Unit 3.2 - Envelopes and Labels
Unit 3.3 - Mail Merge
Unit 3.4 - Graphics
Unit 3.5 - Create a Newsletter
Unit 3.6 - Tips and Shortcuts
Section 4: Administration
Unit 4.1 - Working Collaboratively
Unit 4.2 - Printing and Other Output Formats
Unit 4.3 - Customizing Word
Unit 4.4 - Housekeeping
Unit 4.5 - Basic Use of Macros
Section 5: Taking Word Further
Unit 5.1 - Forms and Form Fields
Unit 5.2 - Complex Numbering
Unit 5.3 - Coping with Long Documents